Online registration for Fall Primary Recruitment will CLOSE on Monday, July 17, 2017
Thank you for your interest in joining a National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) sorority at The University of Alabama. Please note that this registration form is for 2017 Fall Primary Recruitment. If you are interested in joining a National Pan-Hellenic Conference (NPHC) or United Greek Council (UGC) sorority, please visit How to Join on the OFSL website.
I. Personal Information (i.e. myBama ID and Password)
To participate in 2017 Fall Primary Recruitment, you will need to officially register with the UA Panhellenic prior to 5 p.m. CST on Monday, July 17, 2017. To complete the online registration form, please click on the "Sign Up for Recruitment" link at the bottom of the page. Once you click on the "Sign Up for Recruitment" link, you will be asked to login through your MyBama. After you have paid the required registration fee and completed your registration form, you can log back into your account, using your myBama ID and password, and edit your registration form, at any time prior to 5 p.m. CST on July 17, 2017.
While you do have the option of editing your registration form, we suggest that you prepare yourself before you start the online registration process by having the following items available on hand:
II. Method of Payment
- The online 2017 Fall Primary Recruitment Registration Form has been integrated into MyBama. If you have not been assigned a myBama account, you will not be able to register for recruitment.
- Payment by debit or credit card is required at the time of registration. You cannot complete the registration process without paying the required registration fee, which is non-refundable.
III. List of extracurricular activities, honors, community service, and work experienceIV. Sorority legacy information
V. Digital photograph, preferably a headshot
- Full name of sorority member, sorority affiliation, and University/College attended.
VI. Digital copy of your academic transcript
- A digital photograph is required as part of the online registration form. You cannot complete the online registration process without uploading a digital photograph, however, the photograph be changed at any time prior to 5 p.m. CST on July 17, 2017.
- Photographs must be less than 1MB in size and in one of the following allowable formats: gif, jpg, jpeg, or png.
- If your image is greater than 1 MB, you will need to resize your photo using a photo editor, like PIXLR.
VII. Digital copy of supplemental academic letter of recommendation & social resume
- As part of the online registration form, there is an option for you to upload a copy of your academic transcript.
- This is optional feature and as such, is not a required part of the online registration process. If you do not have a copy of your academic transcript at the time of registration, please log back in to your account anytime prior to 5 p.m. CST on July 17, 2017, to upload the document.
- Transcripts must be less than 1MB in size and while a PDF copy is preferable, you can submit your resume in any one of the following allowable formats: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg.
- If your transcript is greater than 1 MB, you will need to resize your document in order to upload it. To learn how to resize a PDF document, click here. To learn how to resize a JPG document, click here.
VIII. Parental/Guardian Permission to Participate in Recruitment Agreement
- As part of the online registration form, individuals participating in recruitment may elect to submit a supplemental academic letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal.
- The supplemental academic letter of recommendation could be particularly beneficial for women unable to identify alumnae from each of the 16 Panhellenic chapters to write an official letter of recommendation. For more information, click here.
- The individual writing the letter of recommendation does not have to have been a member of a Greek organization; however, the letter should speak to your character as it applies to leadership, scholarship, community service, and friendship.
- Individuals may also want to include a copy of their social resume with the supplemental letter of recommendation. If this is the case, please make sure you have combined both documents into one file prior to upload. To download a sample social resume, click here.
- This is an optional feature and as such, is not a required part of the online registration form. If you do not have a copy of a supplemental academic letter of recommendation and social resume at the time of registration, please log back in to your account any time prior to 5 p.m. CST on July 17, to upload the document.
- The combined supplemental academic letter of recommendation and social resume must be less than 1MB in size and while a PDF copy is preferable, you can submit your transcript in any one of the following allowable formats: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg.
IX. On-Campus housing and early move-in
- Written permission from a parent/guardian is required to participate in recruitment.
- Upon completion of the online registration form, an email with a link to complete the Permission Agreement will be sent to the primary parent/guardian contact listed in the registration form after June 15.
- If you do not have a signed copy of your Permission Agreement on file with Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life (OFSL) prior to the start of Convocation at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, August 11, 2017, you may not participate in recruitment.
- If you will be living on-campus in the fall, participation in recruitment requires that you move into your permanent on-campus residence during Early Move-In, which is scheduled for August 10 & 11. As such, you will need to provide the name of your residence hall and room number when completing the application.
- By checking the box for Early Move-In on the payment screen, you are requesting to move into your on-campus housing prior to the August 19th Regular UA Move-in schedule and agreeing to the additional cost of $106.00. The additional cost covers items such as utilities for the extra days, lot security, and various move-in contractors. The added cost will be available in the "Pay Fees" section of the registration profile after initial registration. If the $106 is not withdrawn from your bank account within 3-5 days, call GREEKBILL at 1-800-457-3826 to process the payment over the phone.
- Please note that this option is only available to students who have been assigned on-campus housing for the 2017-2018 academic year. Individuals living off-campus will need to make alternate arrangements for early move-in.
Upon completion of the online Primary Recruitment Registration Form, you will receive an email confirmation from the Alabama Panhellenic Association. Please save a copy of this email. This email indicates that your application was successfully submitted and will be shared with the Alabama Panhellenic Association sororities for the purpose of Fall Primary Recruitment.
If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding the Fall 2017 Primary Recruitment Registration Form, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life at (205) 348-2693 Monday - Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm.
Morgan Patrick, Director of Recruitment
Lexi Matallana, Assistant Director of Recruitment